Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Process Engineer provides engineering support to the Manchester facility. This position performs as a team member on various plant project process improvement teams and is accountable for the analysis, preparation, implementation and integration of value plans to reduce costs, eliminate bottlenecks and streamline the manufacturing process. This position has no direct reports but does provide technical guidance and instruction to technicians and equipment operators.
A successful candidate will act as leader for equipment/process improvement projects utilizing sound project management techniques, as well as apply a variety of continuous improvement techniques including: Design of Experiments, Cycle Time Reduction, Just-in-Time, Six Sigma, Total Productive Maintenance, etc.
- Bachelor degree in engineering required, preferably Mechanical or Manufacturing.
- 5 + years process engineering experience. Wire and cable background a plus .
- Process background w/ extrusion experience
- Strong interpersonal skills / ability to interact and communicate w/ shop floor associates or plant staff
- Results oriented – someone with a track record of executing an agenda and making an impact
- Project management skills – ability to scope projects, understand business case, technical hurdles, and critical path to success
- Lean and Six Sigma experience a plus