Greetings, new applicants to GTA
GTA has been selected by a multi-billion dollar automotive Tier 1 supplier to find them top people for their team.
Under the terms of our supply agreement, we cannot divulge the name of our client until such time that you are picked for an interview, but we will share ALL data as quickly with you as quickly as you are selected for an interview. Through the use of internet search tools, you could likely figure out who our customer is as they may have the positions posted on their website as well as having given them to us.
Many firms do this as a tracking mechanism to gage their website volume. However, we would urge you to please apply through GTA as we can guarantee that your resume gets put in front of a hiring manager – all at no cost to you.
IF you apply on line to a customer, your name gets logged into their computer system and then when we submit you, it comes back to us rejected as a duplicate and there is no guarantee that your online submittal gets reviewed in a timely manner - or at all. It is simply a function of how many resources they have or don’t have to review hundreds of online submittals. That is why firms engage outside staffing suppliers in order to help them through the maze of applicants. Stick with GTA and we will get your resume in front of those who can decide. That would include the HR or Recruiting Manager – and more importantly, the hiring manager.
Thank you very much for submitting your resume and please answer the pre-screening questions down below as well.
Job Title: Senior Product Design Engineer – Plastic Trim Components (13-00072)
Our team at GTA Professional Staffing has been tasked to find candidates for several full time direct hire positions with a major and growing interior component supplier.
Job location: Mt Clemens, MI
Salary Range: $80 – 85K
• Support the design, development, packaging, testing, for vehicle interior components (such as door panels, interior trim, center consoles and some upcoming instrument panels as well.
Key Elements of the Position:
• Component design of interior components
• Material selection and BOM development
• Interfacing with OEM to define vehicle level functional specifications
• Interfacing with the customer Product Design Office for 1st surface appearance and feasibility
• Developing component level specifications
• Product Assurance Planning (APQP)
• Component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
• Component DVP&R (Design Validation and Reliability Report)
• Component Timing
• Proactive Quality Plan to meet customer’s fit and finish requirements
• Reactive Quality Problem Solving
• Supporting Supplier Quality through Process Sign-off (PS)
• Work with customer to release components via Change Management System (CN’s)
• GD&T and component drawing development
• Current Model Engineering Changes
• VAVE cost save opportunity tracking and execution
• Give design directions to CAD designer
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Proven industry experience
• Ability to take initiative
• Time Management — Managing one's own time
• Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
• Coordination - Adjusting acts in relation to others actions
• Multitask - Ability to multitask on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Decision Making - Ability to act independently and make decisions
• Teamwork - Ability to interact and work well with others
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong GM or Chrysler Experience is required
• Basic knowledge of UG and/or Catia
• Advance Manufacturing Feasibility Skills
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Outstanding Communication skills:
• Outstanding Organization skills:
• Priority Setting
• Delegation of tasks
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required
• 5 years minimum experience in Automotive Product Design of Automotive Interior Trim Components
• Vehicles launch experience preferred
• Design of leather wrap components preferred
• International travel required
GTA PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS: (please enter answers in bold after each question)
1. Please rate your basic knowledge on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) of:
a. UG or UGNX:
2. How many years of experience do you have overseeing the design of automotive interior trim components? Which components?
3. Do you have any experience with leather wrapped interior components? If so, which ones?
4. Which Tier I suppliers have you worked for and who were their major customers?
5. Are you able to travel as needed?
6. Do you speak any foreign languages? If yes, please list which ones and rate yourself on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being best.
7. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
8. Are you currently working? If not when was your last day?
9. If you are currently working, why are you looking for new employment?
10. What is your current / last pay rate?
11. What is your desired pay rate for this position? (Please Do Not put negotiable)
12. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
13. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
Thank you very much for submitting your resume
and for answering the pre-screening questions as well.
We will get back to you as soon as the customer provides feedback.
Please feel free to contact me directly as well.