Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, Target.com and Amazon.com. The Sr. Product Designer is an experienced, independent individual who is adept at understanding current trends in consumer electronic and how to translate this knowledge into smartly-designed, on-trend, innovative products with cost and feasibility in mind.
- Create design concepts in 2D and 3D formats
- Present and communicate concepts to Design and Marketing management
- Support Design management by addressing the strategic goals
- Partner with Marketing, Development, Packaging and Consumer Product Integrity to ensure product meets marketing, feasibility, and integrity standards & objectives
- Daily communication with Asia partners
- Manage the early phases of design and development with other disciplines within the company.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design skill and talent
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Knowledge of material and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work autonomously in a team environment
- Ability to take direction and follow it through independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting milestones
- Strong organization skills
- Sense of urgency & ability to prioritize
- Interest and knowledge of the current trends in consumer electronics
- Experience in 3D CAD
- BS/BA degree in Industrial Design or Consumer Products Design
- Minimum of 5+ years related professional experience
- Must have portfolio which showcases sketches, illustrations and 3D CADs
Fuhu, Inc., creators of the nabi Tablet, Fooz Kids and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, and services...