Are you looking to lead radical and transformational innovations that create value for millions of customers while building a new billion dollar business? Do you want to work at a company where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? Invention has become second nature at Amazon, and the pace of innovation is only accelerating, and the breadth of our businesses expanding. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The primary role of a Sr. Product Manager of Technical Products (PMT) within Amazon is to assume end to end product ownership over one of our technical product offerings. You will be expected to be able to dive deep into the technology both from a product and customer’s perspective, working with software engineers and business partners to define, build, launch and grow new technology driven products and services. These products might be hardware offerings, software or technical services, and your customers will often be developers, IT departments or enterprise CIOs.
From Day 1, PMTs are given ownership of large products; the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions; and the ability to drive significant transformative innovation. Over their career, successful PMTs will be exposed to multiple businesses/products, and be pushed to grow into senior level general managers that independently run large business segments and organizations. Some examples of recent MBA hires’ PMT roles across Amazon include:
o Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) : perform cross-platform product management of EC2 though investigating building new businesses, building a software channel, defining specifications for new servers and instance types, improving the developer experience, rolling out new regions, and re-pricing the offering.
o Amazon DynamoDB : drive the design and launch of a new NoSQL database service. Define the customer requirements, develop the business case, test the feasibility of the offering, project plan the launch, develop pricing model, and launch the service. Own the deliverables for this product design, pricing, branding and go-to-market strategy.
o Digital Products : work with software engineers to design, build and launch new experiences for customers around digital games and software. Lead demand generation for the business, which includes areas such as customer segmentation, marketing, and driving big initiatives to improve the customer experiences.
Thus, if you’re entrepreneurial , and want to innovate , build and own transformative technology driven products for developers, join us in making history.
- Current MBA Students ONLY (MBA Required)
- More than 2 years of work experience prior to your MBA including academic and/or internship experience
- 4+ years of work experience prior to your MBA including academic and/or internship experience.
- Undergrad CS, Engineering, or other technology related degree.
- Passion for technology, willingness to dive deep into the technical products Amazon is building, committed to learning and expanding technical knowledge.
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, prove ability to influence others.
- Insatiable will to get stuff done.
- Unrelenting tenacity.
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online....