Posting Title Sr. Product Manager, Hybrid Cloud – User Experience About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need. Job Description VMware’s hybrid cloud service offering, announced recently, extends the software-defined data center allowing its 480,000 customers to reap the benefits of the public cloud without changing their existing applications while using a common management, orchestration, networking and security model. VMware vCloud Hybrid Service is expected to launch later this year and we are seeking to add an outstanding individual with strong prior product experience to our product management team.
This position is a leadership role on our user experience team where you will be responsible for designing and delivering a stellar user experience for our hybrid cloud customers. You will manage service portfolio throughout its life cycle, from development of initial requirements to design and implementation of user experience.
In this role you will be challenged to blend customer-centric principles with industry-leading innovation. You will collaborate with rest of the product team, to create experiences and interactions that wow our customers. You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries and share new ideas. This is a hands-on role, defining both market and product requirements and working directly with engineers, architects and user experience designers to deliver a rich customer experience.
You will need to work collaboratively with product marketing, support, professional services, sales and sales engineering to define the go-to-market for your products. You must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
You will be responsible for the following specific initiatives:
- Drive the vision, strategy and execution for hybrid cloud consumption and management experience, and own the product requirements definition process;
- Collaborate directly with key customers to understand the market and product requirements, and establish deep partnerships;
- Drive user experience and interaction studies with customers and design partners to continuously evolve the usability of product portfolio.
- Work closely with engineering and design team to manage the product development process, and design and architect the solutions;
- Formulate and measure product analytics to ensure on-going product performance;
- Be a subject matter expert with the ability to understand latest architecture, technology, solution, market trends, as well as competitive offerings;
Requisition Number 39193BR
- 8 years of experience in product management in the area of leading user experience for a service or a web property.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles as they relate to web applications.
- Proven track record for developing, managing, and launching large-scale web-based software and/or services.
- Possess a strong technical background with hands-on experience in some/all of the following areas/products: service automation and orchestration, virtualization, cloud IaaS
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Agile, adaptable and capable of delivering new products and features iteratively.
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Ability to work equally well with business development, product marketing, program management, sales operations, support, and engineering to drive successful product releases
- BS degree in CS or related field or equivalent technical experience Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...