Posting Title Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager - Field Competitive Evangelist About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description Why work for our Division The Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. Our business unit builds and markets the vSphere and vCloud products that lead the enterprise server virtualization and cloud computing product categories. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners.
Why work with our group Product Marketing plays a critical role in successfully driving our products into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. In addition to determining packaging, pricing, sales tools, competitive positioning and collateral, Product Marketing Managers use a number of outlets in order to evangelize VMware’s position in the marketplace including blogging, analyst meetings, industry events, data sheets, white papers and customer case studies. Product Marketing also works with VMware’s sales force, OEM and channel partners on positioning products and solutions, lead generation activities and helping to optimize the sales process.
Job Description Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Field Competitive Evangelist
The Field Competitive Evangelist will support the VMware Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit Competitive Marketing team's activities with a focus on working with a specific geographic area sales and partner team to create content specific to the area, enable the area on key competitive messages and provide feedback to the Business Unit on competitive activities in the field. Among VMware’s virtualization and cloud competitors are Microsoft, vendors offering Xen and KVM-based platforms, public Infrastructure as a Service clouds and various cloud management platforms. The Field Competitive Evangelist will develop competitive marketing messaging, programs and sales tools that position VMware’s advantages over those competitors.
The Field Competitive Evangelist will be a key member of the VMware Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit. The candidate will be closely engaged in supporting product launches, sales training activities, and customer and partner events with competitive marketing programs that highlight VMware product advantages. A successful candidate will enable VMware sales teams and channel partners to communicate the advantages of VMware-managed cloud platforms over alternatives from competitors.
- Support inquiries from the field
- Liaison to the specialist teams (SE and Sales)
- Participate in enablement activities
- Field Briefings and customer engagements
- Contribute / author blogs (Virtual Reality)
- Whitepaper support / authoring
- VMware event presentations / Webcasts
- Social Media / Community support
- Support corporate initiatives
- Research and identify the business and high-level technical advantages of VMware’s cloud infrastructure products over competitive offerings.
- Collaborate with other VMware product business units and partner alliance teams to develop competitive messaging that effectively promotes the advantages of VMware virtualization and cloud products.
- Author and produce competitive sales tools in the form of presentations, briefs, white papers and web site content.
- Communicate and evangelize VMware advantages over competing server virtualization and IaaS cloud platform competitors in live training events, speaking opportunities and social media.
- Provide product requirement input to VMware product management and engineering teams to ensure VMware stays ahead of competing server virtualization and IaaS cloud vendors.
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- MBA or MS degree strongly preferred
- Experience in sales/sales engineering, product marketing or development of server virtualization, cloud computing and enterprise data center software products
- Work experience with a vendor in the server virtualization or cloud management platform market is desireable.
- Mastery of written communications and live presentations. English language fluency required as demonstrated by examples of relevant materials written by the applicant.
- Effectiveness in working both independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work across functional groups
- Excellent time management skills Location Cambridge, MA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes Requisition Number 43154BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 12 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...