Sr. Production Technician-TEC000563
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the general direction of the Manager and Supervisor, performs routine manufacturing operations for the production of bacterial antigens in compliance with government and corporate quality and safety regulations. Operates production equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
- Perform fermentor media preparation, inoculation, harvesting and concentration of bacterial antigens.
- Operates production equipment such as fermentors, centrifuges, and concentration units.
- Operates small laboratory equipment such as spectrophotometers, turbidity meters, and luminometers.
- Perform sterile operations according to Standard Production Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Disinfect rooms and equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Cleans and prepares equipment for production processes.
- Perform minor maintenance on fermentors and process equipment which may include but it not limited to performing technical and equipment troubleshooting.
- Coordinates and initiates seed requests for production lots.
- Individual will be required to understand operations and contact appropriate support to ensure issues are appropriately resolved.
Schedule: 2nd shift, Monday - Friday 3PM-11:30PM with an occasional weekend as necessary.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Required Experience or Skills:
- Bachelor's in Microbiology or related field with a minimum of 3 years of production in biological industry.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in a lead laboratory technician capacity in fermentation production.
- Must have excellent scientific and mechanical problem-solving ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, and National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Technician-Biochem Manuf
Job Title : Sr. Production Technician
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
: bacterial organisms and bacterial organisms and bacterial organisms and chemicals
Merck & Co. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...