For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50.4 billion in assets and $13.9 billion in revenues in 2013. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
As a member of the Claim IT Business Intelligence Group, this position provides support to all reporting needs of the Claim business operation. Candidate responsibilities include all aspects of ETL development and implementation, including data source identification, data analysis, data profiling, ETL specifications, coding, and testing. This resource will design, code, and unit test the ETL processes using Informatica PowerCenter, under the guidance of a Sr. ETL Analyst or Technical Lead.
• Design, Develop and Test ETL processes in order to meet project requirements
• Perform testing and validation activities for ETL mappings, workflows, and data domain validation in ODS and Mart targets
• Collect, organize and generate new documentation for ETL projects
• Conduct and participate in code reviews, validation, and testing of team member’s code
• Trouble-shoot and support production
• Support the team in developing best practices and standards.
• Develop and support Data Profiling Solutions
• Develop and support Data Quality Solutions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• 3+ years ETL development experience with Informatica that include:
o Mapping analysis, design, debugging
o Session/workflow design for efficient system resource utilization
o Impact analysis, problem isolation, and Performance Tuning
o Metadata Reporting
• Strong SQL programming skills with ability to write complex SQL statements and tune existing SQL for better performance.
• Strong understanding of various RDBMS like ORACLE, DB2, SQL Server etc.
• Ability to perform data analysis to identify specific data conditions and troubleshoot problem
• Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and methodologies
• UNIX fundamentals, utility usage, and shell scripting knowledge
• Ability to read dimensional & relational data models and interface with data designers
• Works well in a team environment that include business analysts, source system experts and other technical subject matter experts
• Ability to be detail-oriented, creative, inquisitive, persistent, and self-motivated
• Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar concentration preferred
• Informatica Certification is preferred
OTHER SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (Desired but not required):
• Experience with database appliances
• Any experience/exposure to Cognos Reporting Tools
• Exposure to Autosys scheduling
• An understanding of metadata and repository management
• Insurance industry experience
• Any Informatica PowerCenter administration experience
At Chubb we are totally committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform your Chubb Recruiter.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories are not automatically disqualified from employment. Factors such as job-relatedness of the conviction, age and time of occurrence, and the seriousness and nature of the circumstances will be considered.