Construction, Project and Cost Consultancy, Oil and Gas
is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 2019 offices across North America across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
seeks energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starters to join our
Senior Project Controls Managers
working client-side at a
Refinery Capital project in Whiting, IN
. The candidates will be responsible for managing project controls; implementing established procedures for baseline schedule and cost control budgets; monitoring budgets and actual expenditures and developing forecasts as needed. Candidates should also be experienced in Risk Management, analyzing status data and trends, presenting monthly reviews to management and will be responsible for all aspects of project cost management. Oil & Gas, Energy or Petrochemical experience required.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Manages, revises, and maintains status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries and construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout.
- Tracks and analyzes the project costs including budgets, commitments, actuals, accruals, and forecasts. Analysis includes forecast to budget and estimate, forecast to actuals, and contingency analysis.
- Participate in the development and improvement of project controls systems. Recommends improvements in systems, tools, and methods of project controls and project management.
- Establishes a project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of bid review process to insure all cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
- Interacts with other project groups in relation to cost codes, purchase order commitments, change orders and sales tax issues as required.
- Interacts with Accounting Systems and Services, General Accounting, Regulatory Accounting, Audit, Corporate Taxes, Legal, and Risk Management to ensure all accounting and regulatory compliance issues or guidelines are implemented.
- Assists in creating detailed project budgets from estimates and in the development of cash flow projections.
- Works with the Manager of Project Management in managing the overall project cost control efforts.
- Works with Scheduler to develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution.
- Assists in early identification of long lead items, resource constraints, and required project start dates.
- Manages key project indicators and project commercial reports.
- Manages internal job costing in relation to the fee and services to be provided, resources required and all project reporting including job number, PSR and other company reporting policies.
- Produces forecasts of total project costs, annual costs, and monthly cash flow costs and provides variance analysis and explanations.
- Assist in forecasting engineering and construction resource requirements.
- Assist in coordinating engineering and construction activities in conjunction with overall project schedule requirements.
- Incorporate engineering and construction contractor schedules into overall project schedules.
- Ensure all contract deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Champions delivery of Constructive Expertise at all aspects of project.
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on "add-on" sales opportunities across projects.
- Achieves "add on" revenue goals.
- Assists in the identification of strategic accounts.
- Works in conjunction with the Faithful+Gould marketing and business development teams to follow up on business leads.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and key consultants and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging industry practices and the potential application on client engagements.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in local industry organizations.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Faithful+Gould’s corporate wide capabilities, technical preferences, and technical direction.
- Ensures effective communication between project team members and key stakeholders including client, consultants, contractors, and public entities.
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings, acting as chair as appropriate.
- Keeps the Faithful+Gould project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Tactfully communicates difficult/sensitive information.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects.
- Anticipates clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Possesses a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Lends expertise to internal teams and committees.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Faithful+Gould’s core capabilities.
- Reviews and complies with all Faithful+Gould and client safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or a related Engineering field.
- An Industry relevant degree is preferred but equivalent experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- A minimum of Six (6) to ten (10) years project cost and schedule experience is required.
- Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, management team and other organizations within our client organizations.
- Working knowledge of Industry standard software, including but not limited to SAP, Skire, Versapro, ERP, Planning etc.
- Experience with Scheduling, and Cost Management applications.
- Must be able to use A/E and CM cost and/or schedule information to evaluate project status.
- Experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and/or schedules.
- Experience with our client's accounting and project control systems are preferred, in example; VersaPro, Skire, SAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Primavera and MS Project is preferred.
- Achieves excellence in all aspects of business.
- Highly articulate, clear and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Clear decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Thoroughly understands and utilizes Information Technology in the performance of their work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
- Any of the following would be beneficial; AACE Membership/Certification, PMP, RICS Qualified.
Faithful+Gould - 2 years ago