Barnes Group Inc. - Nitrogen Gas Product/Kaller Gas Springs in Becksville, OH is looking for a technically oriented Sr. Project Engineer. Project Engineer will create and innovate cost effective solutions to customer needs, Execute on the design and development of new products to meet those needs, and bring those products to production and successful implementation at the customer.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Responsible for the development, qualification and manufacturing introduction of actuators and suspension struts using high force nitrogen gas and/or hydraulics to provide value added solutions to customers, primarily in the aircraft and heavy vehicle industry.
- Design and Improve Products:
- Meet with global customers to determine product needs and conduct design reviews. (Some travel required.)
- Manage and support the development testing of prototypes to ensure product performance meets customer requirements.
- Define product specifications and produce detail drawings for components and assemblies.
- Lead manufacturing reviews for costs and manufacturability of product lines.
- Work with other product engineers and production personnel in designing new products for the business unit.
- Provide engineering support for customer installations and testing. (Travel required).
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure part quality and delivery and drive cost reduction opportunities.
- Write technical documents for products. Provide technical material for product catalogs.
- Prepare test procedures and reports for development testing.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the design of precision hydraulic actuators for aircraft applications or gas / hydraulic suspension struts for heavy commercial and military vehicles. Prefer experience in high pressure gas or hydraulic landing gear applications.
- Demonstrated ability in leading new products introduction projects and product/process improvements.
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing processes, surface treatment and material processing.
- Experience working directly with customers to define their needs and provide solutions to meet those needs is strongly preferred.
- SolidWorks & Unigraphics CAD experience preferred.
- B.S. in related engineering field required