Our biotech client in Northern NJ is seeking a Senior Project Manager for Global IT PMO . The ideal consultant is a PMP with 7 years of experience, or a non-PMP with 10 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/healthcare environment
Day in the Life:
What You Bring to the Team:
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters
- Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise
- Responsible for the delivery of various IT projects from concept through final implementation.
- Understand existing business processes and serve as an IT Project Management subject matter expert (SME)
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Formulate and define scope and objectives of projects.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan, identify, and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare project reports for management, clients, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of business units.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Manage internal and external systems, application development, and infrastructure projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Work closely with end users, business technologists and others to understand business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
- Ability to manage internal and external projects from inception to successful implementation
- Solid understanding the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
- Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Technical proficiency in systems software, as well as experience implementing packages and working with vendors
- Skill in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
- Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
Aegistech is an IT Staffing and Consulting firm based in New York City. For nearly two decades we've helped our clients -- global leaders in Finance, Pharma/Biotech, Publishing, eCommerce, Media and more -- hire the people that keep their brands technically innovative and at the forefront of their industries. Learn more about us at www.aegistech.com .
At Aegistech, opportunity is our business. For nearly two decades we have facilitated thousands of full-time and contract IT placements for...