The Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master is a crucial role responsible for leading all aspects of a large scale project portfolio within the assigned business or technology domain. The Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master leads the product owner(s) and technology teams in translating the product vision into a portfolio of projects. This position is then responsible for leading the planning, monitoring, execution, and successful completion of all projects in the portfolio on time, on budget, on quality, and on scope. This position must ensure that projects are planned and executed in a manner consistent with company strategy, commitments, goals, and standards.
This position is based in Dallas, TX. ~
- Project Monitoring and Control. Manages day-to-day aspects of project(s) and scope. Implements and manages large scale projects, changes, corrective actions, and interventions to achieve project outputs with minimal supervision from PMO office. Manage project budget. Track project deliverables using appropriate tools. Manage requests for changes and prioritize work based on business needs and available resources.
- Project Planning. Lead the proposal, planning and estimating of large scale projects including; facilitating the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables; Define project tasks and resource requirements; developing full scale project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Project Communications. Develop and plan communication strategies to ensure status, activities, accomplishments, issues, and risks are communicated to senior management, project stakeholders, and IT teams proactively. Facilitates effective and efficient team meetings.
- Portfolio Planning / Management.
- Process Guidance and tailoring. Provide process leadership, direction, and support to project teams. Reviews deliverables prepared by team. Identifies opportunities for improvement and contributes best practices and thought leadership to the PMO processes.
- Mentoring /Training. Train Project Managers on business and technical processes.
5-7 years experience in building and specifying mission critical business applications, at least 1 of which in a hosted software environment.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field.
6-10 years management experience, including project managemnet.
PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
Able to understand the business processes enabled by the products supported and contribute to the solution “definition". Possesses best practice understanding of all aspects of the Plan and Analysis stages of product development.
Able to understand the technology concepts used on projects in enough depth to challenge assumptions, estimates, approaches, and risks.
Process driven analysis skills and a background in various requirements elicitation methods. Proficient with industry standard SDLC processes with subject
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -