Become a Part of the Nike Team
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you're the one for this role, you'll be joining the Nike Tech organization. Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer and customer-oriented team. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer value, and drive profitable business growth.
Your Role on the Team
The Direct To Consumer (DTC) Solutions team provides technology and process support for Nike's retail brick and mortar stores. As part of this team you will learn all about what it takes to keep the retail stores running.
The DTC Solutions team needs a strong Senior Project Manager. As our Senior Project Manager you will bring a broad experience of successful delivery of process and technical projects ranging eighteen months or less in length. If you're the one, here's what you'd be responsible for:
- Working in a fast-paced and challenging environment where making sure consumers have a great experience in the Nike retail stores is our first priority
- Working across a multitude of teams providing project management in merchandising, point of sale(POS), work force management(WFM), Digital and new innovative solutions enabling Nike's latest developments in merging sport and technology
- Helping to coordinate with IT teams across Nike on integrated, cross-functional initiatives that impact Nike Retail
- Managing multiple innovation projects will utilize your multi-tasking and time management skills which are seen as crucial to your success. Core project management skills in schedule management, issue and risk management, and facilitation will ensure the success of this role. You'll get to work alongside truly talented teams including multiple business partners, functions, and regions bringing them together to create a collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
To Be Considered, You'll Bring the Following:
- Demonstrated expertise in defining project goals, scope, approach, and overall task plan including providing clarity on critical path tasks.
- Successful management experience with strategy, risk, issue, communications, project accounting, and other supporting plans such as training, resource
- Experience in full life-cycle solution delivery projects
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment
- Successful track record dealing with executive level professionals to drive business outcomes
- A consultancy approach to your work
- Strong presentation and influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior management
- Experience working with 3rd party offshore project resources and vendors
- Proven leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking on multiple projects
- Experience managing to and delivering to expectations from multiple stakeholders both business and technical
- Willingness and ability to inject fun and teambuilding into daily work to create a high energy and supportive working environment for the team.
What We're Looking For
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field
- 8 years' professional experience within Business, IT or a related field
- 2 years' additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5 years' project/program management experience
- Experience working in a Retail organization is desirable
- Experience working with a retail merchandising system, point of sale(POS) system or work force management(WFM) system is desirable
- Experience working with SAP Retail, Island Pacific, Epicore(POS), Micros(POS) or Kronos(WFM) is preferred
- Expert level of knowledge in MS Project and Project Server
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Visio
- Knowledge and understanding of MS Sharepoint
- Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions; experience delivering global IT projects or programs is preferred
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Experience with Cadence project management methodology or another equivalent PMI-based methodology; Project Management (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills , including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior management
- Experience managing project costing / budgeting desired
- Experience managing projects and leading teams to deliver solutions preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Lean experience with applied principles and methods preferred.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with iterative and waterfall development methodologies (e.g. PMBOK/PMI, BABOK, XP, Scrum, RUP, XUP, etc.)
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation.
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified. We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/H/V
Nike - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....