Who We Are:|
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Uses standard project management methodology and process to managing complex medium-to-large scale projects. Leads project teams, creates project objectives and plans to deliver quality solutions on time and in budget. Manages the tactical aspects of large engagements and mitigates any risk. This includes reviewing and managing high-level deliverables within and across business units, performing project reviews and ensuring project management best practices take place for all engagements. Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions for Ball Corporation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Delivers on the organization’s portfolio priorities, working closely with leadership in defining, scoping, and staffing new initiatives. Collaborates with decision makers and stakeholders to minimize risk for large complex systems development.
- Understands the implications of different technical alternatives and is able to guide business clients to the best solution for their situation.
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Acts as liaison with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and makes the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Develops and meets financial goals for project area.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Accountable for controlling adherence to the corporate information technology standards, security, and confidentiality.
- Works closely with the director of software and solutions delivery, enterprise architecture, and the project management office to ensure adherence to policies and standards.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Establishes risk mitigation plans.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project team members and contractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
o system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Job-related experience for 5 years minimum. 5+ years of leadership required. 5+ years experience in software delivery and/or infrastructure required, 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
o generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
o programming, systems design, computer operating systems and utilities, project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems
o as it relates to information services, of purchasing, legal contracts, taxes, leases, licenses, accounting, economics, depreciation, capitalization, accruals, ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), EAR (Export Administration Regulations), auditing (internal and external), insurance, and contract negotiations
Travel of up to 20% is required
- Experienced in managing multiple project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders with budget and risk for projects less than $1,000,000.
- Experience in defining and driving process-driven methodologies, quality control and best practices.
- Expertise with resource and budget management.
- Experience with metrics-driven management of medium to large scale projects efforts.
- Strong SDF & SDLC process focus: drives quality control and best practices.
- Industry experience in supply chain, manufacturing and distribution background preferred.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems functionality and their benefits e.g., J.D. Edwards, MFGPro and SAP.
- Aware of industry IT trends to identify innovative solutions and drive best practices for the business.
- Familiar with continuous improvement processes such as lean, Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, CMMi.
- Experience with generating business cases/ROI. Must have experience performing technology selection and vendor management.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Ability to participate with functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of project objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure project(s) completion.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, perform basic mathematical calculations, and make recommendations.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.