Senior Manager Programs & Projects (under the Enterprise Program Management Office)
The role of the Project Manager is to lead and manage the top corporate priority projects and from inception to completion and to ensure the output of the project meets the specific success criteria and business objectives.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Define scope, goals/success criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with executive sponsor and stakeholders.
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Liaise with stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Work with delivery leads to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Draft and submit budget (capital or opex) proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
· Negotiate with other department leaders for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company. If necessary, work with leaders to determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and ensure appropriate recruitments are made throughout the project lifecycle.
· Set and continually manage program/project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
· Swiftly identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program/project teams.
· Identify and manage dependencies and critical path.
· Plan and schedule program/project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Track project milestones and deliverables.
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
· Conduct post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
· Ability to lead through influencing project teams, that you have no direct authority over, to deliver results and in some cases change behavior to improve outcomes.
· Ability to actively drive cross functional project teams, keep them focused and engaged to meet deliverables and ensure program/project success criteria are met.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing - across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command.
· Ability to listen and gather customer/user inputs, simplifying complex topics for non-technical audiences and prepare quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders
· Ability to negotiate and deal with conflict and hard to get along with people and defuse tension among project team, should it arise .
· Ability to work under limited supervision, display initiative and determine innovative methods by which to complete new assignments.
· Ability to understand technical aspects of the assigned program/projects.
· Ability to adapt to change and deal with ambiguity
· Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
· Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
· Stress tolerance
· BA, BS or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Project Management, Operations Management, or Information Technology
· Strong Technical understanding
· 5+ Years of Experience
· Experience with telecommunications projects
· Experience managing systems and data integration projects
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
· PMP Certification
· Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
· Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
· 10%-20% travel for the purpose of meeting with project stakeholders and/or management teams.
Crystal Equation - 15 months ago