Leads marketing projects/programs to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. Manages project activities and directs cross-functional teams. Ensure that the requirements written for the business are robust, complete, and functionally comprehensive. Tracks, reviews and reports activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified project objectives and modifies or changes the approach as required to attain objectives. Prepares project/program reports for senior management. Controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Direct and oversee projects that require working with large teams and manage stakeholders
- Oversee and project manage new products / services / platform developments which are prioritized within the Marketing portfolio
- Ensure the right internal and external resources are appropriately engaged in a timely manner
- Presenting updates to VP’s and serve as a member in Governance committees
- Identify and manage risks and issues and resolve resource conflicts
- Provide information to supervisors about project/program health / metrics / status and communicate project status to the Director and project stakeholders
- Escalate project issues and drive resolution
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance or Technical field or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree a plus
- PMP certification or project management master degree
- 5+ years project management experience driving cross-functional teams
- 4-5 years wireless experience preferred
- Must have experience delivering new products/services in the market
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments, including successful project launches
- Strong knowledge of Program Management & Project Management practices
- Strong practical knowledge of Microsoft Project and MS Office
- Expert knowledge of Project Management Institute processes
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated exceptional influencing skills and able to influence individuals across all functional organizations and at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work with Senior Executives and Project Team members to define and manage the scope, strategy, requirements and implementation of projects
- Experience with Stage-Gate processes for new product development
- Determined to drive participation, to integrate people effectively into teams, to work cross-functionally and across multiple levels of management, and to work issues to successful resolution
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a virtual environment
- Strong negotiating, listening and superior interpersonal skills
- Experience in creating and implementing effective communication plans
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates sense of urgency, proven results orientation, initiative and an affinity for producing consistently high-quality work and yield in a manner that exceeds expectations.
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...