Sr. Purchasing Agent – I.T.
Information Technology Procurement of Hardware, Software
Z ale Corporation is a leading specialty retailer of fine jewelry in North America, operating approximately 1,770 retail locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as online. Zale Corporation’s portfolio of brands includes Zales Jewelers, Zales Outlet, Gordon's Jewelers, Peoples Jewellers, Mappins Jewellers, and Piercing Pagoda. Zale Corporation offers exciting career opportunities in each of the Zale businesses. We look for bright, enthusiastic and performance-driven people to join our team and become an important part of our future.
Responsible for the procurement of non-resale items for the corporation, which are IT related, and standard supplies necessary to meet information technology needs of the organization. Must partner with all support areas and Brands to ensure procurement of product at the best prices from the best suppliers who are able to ensure consistency in product quality and distribution time lines that support the business need. Minimal/No travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Source, research, and recommend suppliers to supply goods and services that meet department and company specifications and goals. Commodities include servers, memory, CPU’s, printers, routers, monitors, software laptops and Point of Sale (POS) hardware and software.
- Partner with all relative departments to ensure that needs are met and that communication is proactive, timely, and appropriate
- Manage product rollouts from sourcing / bid evaluation / vendor selection / to invoicing
- Identify, quantify, track, and report on cost drivers that affect the purchased products or services
- Analyze and summarize purchasing reports and financial data, and make recommendations for awarding contracts; then, present findings to executive management.
- Develop negotiation strategy; negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Lead the supplier management of contracts, disputes, deficiencies, and joint initiatives and goals (SLA’s, KPI’s, scorecards and vendor relations/ vendor review meetings)
- Generate various processes and documents such as: RFP, RFQ, RFI, RFX for analysis and recommendations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business or related field
-Obtain comparison quotes and analyze pricing for impact on cost of goods sold and/or consumption
- Must possess minimum of 5 -8 years of procurement experience, including ability to:
-Track and perform detailed analysis on run-out reports, vendor pricing, and Market trends.
-Follow price indexes and market conditions for raw materials and apply data/knowledge to our business environment.
As reward for your contribution to the company's success, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with medical/dental/vision, 401(K) plan, tuition assistance and more.
- Proven track record in devising and driving successful purchasing strategies
- International purchasing and import/export experience is preferred including bidding manufactured products from foreign suppliers
- Experienced in full life cycle of purchasing contracts (creation of RFPs and SLAs, analysis of RFP responses, contract negotiation, development of proper cost structures, and final “roll-outs”)
- Understanding of purchasing principles including the ability to research, analyze and negotiate
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing and inventory control practices and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of PC software tools for analysis, audits, and reports. Strong Excel skills for analysis, audits, and reports and Power Point proficiency for presentations to senior management
- Effective verbal /written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Possess excellent follow through and execution of tasks
Zale Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard