Brilliant ( Brilliant.org ) is a problem solving website in math, science, and computer science for high aptitude students. Most of the world's high aptitude students are not privileged with the resources and opportunities necessary to reach their full potential. Brilliant aims to democratize the way smart, driven high school and college students are identified and developed by making an intellectually challenging environment available online. We are creating a hub for the world's most promising minds, where motivated thinkers can connect to each other and to opportunities to apply their talents.
Our weekly olympiad-style challenges offer rigorous, competitive, whimsical, and edifying problem sets. The extracurricular flavor of these questions allows students to discover problem solving in a new light.
We welcome thinkers of all types and ages to create an account and join our community of problem solvers. Learn more about Brilliant by viewing our TEDx talk on Scouting for Intellect .
We're looking for a full stack engineer who has experience scaling a high-growth consumer product. Our community spans 135 countries and has been doubling every 8 weeks. Over the next year, we'll deliver a better and faster site experience in more languages to millions of students.
You will be joining a fun, motivated and experienced team of product and engineering entrepreneurs who are working to make an actual and meaningful impact in the world.
* Improve the way that our rapidly-growing user base of students discover and interact with our site -- we're growing at a rate of over 40% month-over-month!
* Design and architect community-building features for our site with gigabytes of data
* Create ways for organizations to recruit talented students for academic opportunities, internships, scholarships, and jobs through Brilliant
* Implement a dynamic, real-time Glicko-style rating system for hundreds of thousands of users.
* Invent and implement novel competitions for intellectual entertainment
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* Around 5-7 years of real-world object-oriented software engineering experience
* Around 4+ years of production environment experience, ideally on a site that has user accounts and more than a couple hundred users per day
Bonus Points For:
* Experience with Python -- despite the job title, we can be flexible on language since we know good engineers can pick up new languages quickly, but experience with Python is preferred
* Having worked on a site that was growing rapidly, so you've worked on some scaling issues
Why join Brilliant? - We've got all the usual good stuff (snacks, salaries etc)- but we've also got a mission you can get behind. We're a company that's helping to bring thinkers from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn and contribute.
How To Apply:
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* To apply, click the link!
* Competitive compensation
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits -- we pay 100% of the premiums
* Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
* Rockin' happy hour
* Flexible vacation
* Stocked kitchen
* Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
* Chance to change the world