Focus on systemic process improvements within the Powertrain Engineering group by developing systems and best practices necessary to continuously improve Polaris Powertrain Quality. Specific focus and effort to be placed in the Powertrain design function and supplier communication to identify and resolve Powertrain specific quality issues. In addition, must also work with service, purchasing, and internal manufacturing. Qualified candidate should be able to analyze issues, determine measurement and containments plans and effectively communicate with internal stake holders as well as domestic and foreign suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluates engineering drawing effectiveness towards industry standards and creates initial standards and guidelines to improve Engineering Drawing effectiveness.
2. Establish alignment with preferred GD&T, datum structure, and print standards on a component level basis with a clear understanding of the guiding principles/tradeoffs between function, manufacturability, and measurement. Provide leadership, supervision, mentoring, and training for use of proper datum structure and proper GD&T for less experienced staff.
3. Initiate and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include setting up training for aspects of APQP, DFA, FMEA, GD&T and other standardized systems introduced into Polaris.
4. Manage root cause analysis activities through tools such as A3 and 8D. Own and assist in corrective action activities.
5. Measure quality metrics for assigned projects. Assist Project Leaders in developing quality plans and tracking progress.
6. Participate in key project milestones. Includes Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews as well as participate in Service Rapid Response Meetings.
7. Gather, analyze, track and report on warranty and other consumer quality information
8. Support continuous improvement of quality tracking and reporting methods to reduce data analysis time and improve communication effectiveness. Work with engineering to assure quality lessons learned are captured, documented and incorporated into their specifications and validation plans.
9. Network with other quality engineers to review best practices.
10. Led and support Peer Teams as needed.
11. Interact and direct resources at multiple powertrain and product group engineering sites
12. Support program technical needs (domestic and international travel can be required)
13. Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
2. 7+ years of experience in Powertrain technical role
3. Experienced with proper datum structure and drawing standards for complex machined and die cast Powertrain components. Able to guide less experienced engineers for proper datum structure based upon: function, manufacturing, and measurement.
3. Experience establishing and implementing quality metrics for product development.
4. Strong collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
US - Wyoming, MN
4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...