Ryerson Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking an experienced AS400 Analyst/Developer to actively assist with the day-to-day technical support of our system in Norcross, GA. Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experiences in all areas of AS400 support including systems analysis and problem solving, new enhancement and maintenance programming, and operations and technical support.
• Evaluate/Analyze new user requests to provide estimates of hours to complete.
• Design, Code, Test and Implement programming change requests.
• Maintain existing system code.
• Assist in computer operations (i.e. Software upgrades, Backup & Recovery, Device configuration, Printer support, Communications etc.).
• Provide occasional off-hour support in shared rotation.
• Help build, maintain and monitor the various Job Schedules.
• Respond to Help Desk incidents using AHD(CA Product).
• Provide support/ preparation for annual disaster recovery planning.
• Support FTP Protocol communications for extracts to data warehouse and other external sources.
• Troubleshoot remote printers to resolve user problems.
• A minimum of 5-7 years recent experience on IBM AS400 system using RPG, RPG III, RPG IV, RPG Free, RPG ILE, procedures, service programs, CL, DB400, DDS, SQL, embedded SQL and subfiles.
• Candidate must possess a minimum of 5-7 years recent experience on IBM AS400 system with working knowledge in the following utilities or similar tools. Our environment uses RPG, RPG III, RPG IV, RPG Free, RPG ILE, procedures, service programs, CL, DB400, DDS, SQL, embedded SQL and subfiles.
• Application Software: Metalware (Experience would be a plus)
• Other support software: Hawkeye, Client Access 400, RVI, Optio DCS, Robot, Taatools, FASTFAX, Formtastic, TL Ashford, Changemaster, MQ Series, Infinium(GL & FA), Metafile
• Experience with MQSeries, XML, HTML would be a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...