Responsible for providing accurate LP models for multiple refineries, integration of refinery LP model updates/upgrades in the refinery planning work processes, model troubleshooting and support, and training new planners to use the models. Creates and maintains LP sub-model accuracy tools and audits to track the deviations between actual and LP predicted yields for the major process units to identify gaps. Calibrates LP unit base yields and stream qualities to better match actual. Tests updated LP vector data (yields and stream qualities) generated from calibrated process simulators, integrates the data updates into the LP model structure. Makes minor LP structure updates/upgrades. Validates the updated/upgraded full refinery model predictions and responses to variables. Conducts and reports LP model reviews and accuracy audits (LP Actual vs. Actual).
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required, Chemical Engineering degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of refining experience with both process engineering and planning experience is required.
- Must have good working knowledge of basic process engineering methods and general knowledge of refinery processes.
- Experience with LP models is required; Aspen PIMS model experience is preferred. Excellent numerical and analytical skills and attention to details are required. Proficiency with MS Excel is required.
- Excel Visual Basic programming skills and working knowledge of MS
Access are desired.
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world’s largest independent petroleum refiner and marketer. Valero supplies fuel and products that improve people’s lives with 16 refineries and 10 ethanol plants stretching from the U.S. West and Gulf coasts to Canada, United Kingdom, and the Caribbean. Well-positioned pipelines and terminals allow Valero to deliver premium-quality clean fuels quickly, responsibly, and efficiently. Our diversified product slate supports dozens of industries, from health care and plastics to transportation, beauty products, and manufacturing.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world's...