"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Coordinate and conducts research projects and related activities as assigned by a Senior Research Nurse or other Research staff. Recruits, screens, and enrolls potential survey participants. May be assigned multiple protocols.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Functions in a team environment with various team members to coordinate and conduct neonatal research projects and related activities.
- Provides basic background and education to parents of participants regarding the research project: why their child is being recruited, study procedures, potential risks or benefits of taking part in the study, compensation given and time commitment. (informed consent)
- Enrolls (consented) eligible candidates in to the research study, ensuring all necessary documentation is collected and processed.
- Distributes research information to faculty, research staff, principle investigator, and others as requested. Inservices medical team when new study is to start.
- Coordinates study interventions with attending physicians, bedside nurses, and other personnel as required. Makes sure study procedures are carried out per protocol.
- Collects and processes (ships) specimens as necessary for research projects and in accordance with research protocols.
- Collects study data in an organized manner paying particular attention to details and accuracy.
- Carefully inputs data and maintains research databases and related records needed for research. Participates in study monitoring visits. Is held accountable for their data accuracy.
- Helps other division staff with (ex. neonatal fellows) as requested with their clinical research.
- Depending on the protocol may be required to rotate night, weekend, and holiday call
This position may be filled as a Research Nurse or Sr. Research Nurse depending on each candidate's qualifications.
Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of one year of related experience. Registered Nurse (State of Texas)
Senior Research Nurse:
Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of three years of related experience. Registered Nurse (State of Texas).
One year of related experience. Prefer experience in NICU.
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)...