"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Coordinate and conducts research projects and related activities as assigned by a Senior Research Nurse or other Research staff. Recruits, screens, and enrolls potential survey participants. May be assigned multiple protocols.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Functions in a team environment with various team members to coordinate and conduct neonatal research projects and related activities.
- Provides basic background and education to parents of participants regarding the research project: why their child is being recruited, study procedures, potential risks or benefits of taking part in the study, compensation given and time commitment. (informed consent)
- Enrolls (consented) eligible candidates in to the research study, ensuring all necessary documentation is collected and processed.
- Distributes research information to faculty, research staff, principle investigator, and others as requested. Inservices medical team when new study is to start.
- Coordinates study interventions with attending physicians, bedside nurses, and other personnel as required. Makes sure study procedures are carried out per protocol.
- Collects and processes (ships) specimens as necessary for research projects and in accordance with research protocols.
- Collects study data in an organized manner paying particular attention to details and accuracy.
- Carefully inputs data and maintains research databases and related records needed for research. Participates in study monitoring visits. Is held accountable for their data accuracy.
- Helps other division staff with (ex. neonatal fellows) as requested with their clinical research.
- Depending on the protocol may be required to rotate night, weekend, and holiday call
This position may be filled as a Research Nurse or Sr. Research Nurse depending on each candidate's qualifications.
Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of one year of related experience. Registered Nurse (State of Texas)
Senior Research Nurse:
Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of three years of related experience. Registered Nurse (State of Texas).
One year of related experience. Prefer experience in NICU.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 14 months ago