Position Code: 13-PD-122
Reports To: Principal Scientist
Department: Biochem & Development Operation
This is a position for motivated scientist with extensive hands-on experience in DNA manipulations and analytical methods, biochemistry of DNA processing enzymes, and basic molecular biology techniques. The position includes development, validation, and/or tech transfer of one or more major steps in company’s proprietary sequencing platform (sample preparation, DNA library construction, and sequencing chemistry) for fast and low cost genome sequencing. The scientist will interact on daily bases with teams working on different biochemistry, instrument and software development aspects of our technology.
- Under general direction performs various R&D assignments that require knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry knowledge, concepts, and techniques.
- Support activities in the Biochemistry Department to design, research, develop and implement processes in new DNA sample prep or library strategies or advanced sequencing chemistry.
- Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings on experimental design, activity planning, and troubleshooting, including reporting experimental results.
- Execute experimental work plan in collaboration with other group members, providing technical expertise, material and hands-on support as needed to achieve Departmental goals.
- Collaborate and communicate experimental results with other development and production groups.
- BA/BS in a life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related science) and 4+ years of experience in a technical/laboratory role with increasing responsibility, or an MS degree and two to three years of experience.
- Experimental Biochemical or Molecular Biology hands-on skills are essential, as well as experience with Good Laboratory Practices and aseptic techniques.
- Familiarity with systems and processes used in molecular biology production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills, with great attention to detail and record-keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation
- Ability to carry out and develop standard operating procedures involving basic and advanced laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping
- Ability to follow protocols and pay attention to detail, with good problem solving and analytical thinking skills required
- Demonstrated strength in working within a team and with cross-functional partners, as well as ability to work effectively independently. Should be well organized, self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing requirements, priorities and tight schedules
- Strong technical ability and demonstrated proficiency in performing and troubleshooting complex molecular biology systems
- Functional capability with standard data analysis tools
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications and general computing skills required
- Microarray experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with robotic platforms and process automation is a plus.
- Experience with product development is a plus.
- Apply for this position
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...