Position Code: 13-PD-121
Reports To: Principal Scientist
Department: Biochem & Development Operation
This role is for a motivated scientist (1-3 years hands-on industry experience required) interested in pursuing a career in product/process development of Next Gen. technologies. This position requires sound knowledge of molecular biology techniques, enzymology (as a molecular tool for DNA manipulation) and a good grounding and ongoing interest in applying the use of statistics and statistical experimental design to the process/product development pipeline. This position is focused on preparing the next generation of biochemical processes for transfer into CGI’s Operations laboratories (sample preparation, DNA library construction, and sequencing) in order to meet the demand for fast, low cost, high throughput and high quality DNA sequencing. This scientist will interact on a daily basis with various biochemistry, instrumentation and software teams in both the R&D and Operations departments.
- Under general direction perform R&D assignments that require molecular biology/biochemistry knowledge applying the logic of process/ product development.
- Be able to design (in collaboration with the manager) and systematically execute experiments designed to facilitate the implementation of new processes into CGI’s DNA, library or advanced sequencing chemistry laboratories.
- Be interested in and motivated to learn more about the analysis & interpretation of complex data.
- Be able to generate reports/presentations communicating experimental design, execution and conclusions.
- Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings on experimental design, activity planning, and troubleshooting, including reporting experimental results.
- Execute experimental work plan in collaboration with other group members, providing technical expertise, material and hands-on support as needed to achieve Departmental goals.
- BA/BS in a life science (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related science) and 3+ years of experience in an appropriate technology development setting, or an MS degree and 1+ years of similar experience.
- Experience with statistical analysis of data is essential as well as Biochemical/Molecular Biology hands-on skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications and general computing skills required.
- Strong technical ability and demonstrated proficiency in performing and troubleshooting complex molecular biology systems required.
- Hands-on experience with robotic platforms and process automation is a plus.
- Experience in designing and develop standard operating procedures is a plus.
- Familiarity with systems and processes used in production environments is preferred, including use of SOPs and LIMS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing requirements, priorities and tight schedules.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...