This position will be part of the International Production Organization working on the producing properties in Equatorial Guinea (EG). The incumbent will be part of the team responsible for building a new reservoir model for the Alba field, convincing our partners to approve infill drilling, supporting field unitization negotiations, optimizing the reservoir management strategy within the framework of the production sharing contract and the existing gas sales agreements, evaluating development plans for a deeper discovery located underneath the producing intervals, evaluating incremental projects such as a further phase of compression, assessing production profiles and remaining reserves going forward, providing subsurface inputs to the yearly budget preparation.
There are exploration/exploitation subsurface activities currently underway in nearby block A12 (project Crystal) and an ongoing need to evaluate undeveloped acreage around the Alba asset for exploration opportunities prior to the expiration of the current license. There is also a requirement for the entire EG subsurface team (Alba and A12) to remain abreast of other operators’ activity in EG as evaluation of various farm-in or acquisition opportunities may be required.
The incumbent will be part of the Alba team focusing primarily on providing support to our EG producing asset and working closely with the exploration group in charge of A12. This role provides an outstanding opportunity to become acquainted with international operations while functioning in a role that focuses on reservoir characterization and management. Occasional travel to Europe or Africa may be required.
Must possess excellent communication skills to interact efficiently with EG team, company peers, management, support functions, partners and government representatives. Must have demonstrated technical mentoring experience.
- The successful candidate will provide a wide range of reservoir engineering support, technical advice and guidance to the EG team and all support groups.
- Will be responsible for the construction of reliable reservoir simulation models for Alba honoring all static and dynamic data available and aimed at delivering a robust foundation to optimal reserves management, decision making and commercial negotiation (field unitization, future gas contracts, etc).
- Will be responsible for forecasting life of field production profiles, assessing remaining reserves, managing the VOLTS asset resources base in accordance with the SEC regulations, providing necessary inputs to asset budget preparation exercise.
- Will play a key role in building alternative geomodels for Alba integrating all seismic, geological and well data and interpretations and capturing the residual subsurface uncertainties.
- Work in close partnership with the team based in EG, the subsurface and commercial teams to propose incremental value adding opportunities at Alba (infill drilling, near field exploitation, reservoir-wells-facilities management optimization) and to positively influence our partners and the EG government.
- Will act as team leader for multidiscipline projects such as the Alba field surface facility network evaluation aimed at improving models forecast and identifying incremental production options.
- Will coordinate contractual reporting work for the EG government, the gas buyers and the PSC partners.
- Will assist in supporting various technical evaluations in the framework of business development initiatives and the Crystal near field exploration effort as required.
- Provide frequent project progress updates to management.
- Must be capable of working with an integrated multidisciplinary team to optimize field production and support investment decisions.
Major Discipline Required:
Petroleum or Reservoir Engineering
Years Experience Required:
Minimum of 15 years of related Reservoir Engineering experience
Demonstrated advanced level competencies to include compositional dynamic reservoir model building and history matching with Eclipse 300, production forecasting and reserves assessment techniques, gas condensate behavior.
Basic competencies to include project economics, production engineering, offshore field operations, integrated geomodelling workflow understanding, subsurface uncertainty quantification.
Travel Required (%):
Limited (less than 10%)
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 24 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...