Loopnet, a division of CoStar Group, is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to administer all development, QA and production SQL Servers/databases and related systems.
The DBA will be responsible for the following:
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all aspects Microsoft SQL Server 2008 including administration, replication, backup/restore procedures and related components such as Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
• Install, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, and quality assurance environments.
• Recommend and implement solutions for SQL performance monitoring and tuning.
• Assist with Windows Server configuration and management as it relates to MS SQL Server installation and performance.
• Understand SAN based storage and related technologies, specifically as applicable and useful to MS SQL Server installations.
• Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies.
• Analyze problems, anticipate future problem areas and implement solutions.
• Provide support and technical expertise to development, QA and other teams.
• Work outside of normal business hours as required for completing projects, working on deployments and resolving system outages.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent ability to coordinate multiple concurrent activities with complex dependencies and work closely with other teams
- 5 plus years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- Extensive knowledge of administration, replication, backup and restore of relational databases, specifically Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Experience working in a similar environment (large database, large load, amount of users, etc.)
- Understanding of Windows Server (2008 R2) configuration and management, specifically as it relates to MS SQL Server installations and mission critical systems
- Excellent understanding of coding with Microsoft T-SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with SANs (NetApp/EMC), specifically with aspects related to MS SQL Server
- Understands and is able to properly implement backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to put in significant extra time as needed
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science or related field
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Powershell scripting and Business Intelligence Knowledge
Feeling out of the loop when it comes to commercial real estate? LoopNet provides information services to the commercial real estate market...