Immediate contract opportunity for Sr. SQL Database Designer / Administrator with Direct Government Client in New York, NY
Trigyn’s Direct Government Client has a Sr. SQL Database Management consulting assignment in New York, NY
Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
- Implementing database design, and understanding table design (i.e., the business meaning of the data stored in each column) combined with Business Analyst skills to extract data for reports.
- Must be adept in writing efficient T-SQL code within stored procedures, views, and triggers; especially within stored procedures. Expected to know and correctly use constructs made available with SQL Server 2008, e.g., TRY/END TRY, CATCH/END CATCH blocks.
- Implementing recovery plans and testing them so that when problems do arise, the database can be restored as quickly as practical in a configuration as near to the time just before failure as possible.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, and IIS7.
- An ability to interpret messages in the Windows Server event logs and remediate the underlying cause.
- Experience with server disk maintenance, e.g., appropriate scheduling of defragmentation operations.
- Experience in building data-centric .NET web applications that use a SQL Server backend for data persistence.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Entity Framework 4.
Candidate will hold a senior-level position with technical responsibility for extremely complex and ongoing tasks including Systems Analysis, Data Administration, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems, Data Communications Systems. The selected candidate will coordinate multiple ongoing projects of extraordinary technical complexity. Primary duties of the position:
Trigyn provides its employees with the following benefits:
- Archiving Data-create written procedures, implement them in code, and monitor performance of the code
- Application Integration with SSIS packages-Create and revise existing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages that perform Export/Transform/Load (ETL) operations with SQL Server 2008.
- Capacity Planning -- ensure databases are available to users when they need access to data via clustering, database mirroring, and other technologies.
- Change Management -- move changes made to development servers to test servers for quality assurance purposes and, once testing is done, to move the changes to production.
- Database Application Development – move changes made to development servers to test servers for quality assurance purposes and, once testing is done, to move the changes to production.
- Instance Monitoring -- Monitor performance, monitor server disk space, monitor logs, as well as diagnose the root cause of errors followed by recommending remedies for the same. The selected candidate is expected to have non-trivial experience with SQL Server Profiler as a tool to troubleshoot and optimize performance of T-SQL commands within stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- Replication Management --Monitor performance, monitor server disk space, monitor logs, as well as diagnose the root cause of errors followed by recommending remedies for the same. The selected candidate is expected to have non-trivial experience with SQL Server Profiler as a tool to troubleshoot and optimize performance of T-SQL commands within stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- SQL Server Agent Job Management determine what jobs are needed, create the jobs, and manage revisions to new and existing jobs, ensure jobs have run successfully, and mitigate error events raised by them.
- Writing the Transact-SQL code/stored procedures
- SSRS Creating and formatting new reports with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Maintenance Plans
- Make periodic backups of data and log files and keep those safe from accidental or intentional destruction.
- The selected candidate is expected to have non-trivial experience installing configuring, patching and upgrading SQL Server instances.
- The selected candidate is expected to have non-trivial experience creating SQL Server login IDs, database roles, and database IDs, assigning permissions, as well as experience in successfully moving security (SIDs and roles) from one instance to another.
TRIGYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance through CIGNA (Contribution Required)
- Dental Insurance through Aetna (Optional Benefit)
- 401(k) Plan through Fidelity with Company Match
- TransitChek ® Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (Salary Option)
- Paid Holidays (Salary Option)
About Trigyn : Trigyn is an IT services company with over 900 resources deployed. Trigyn has been in business for over 25 years and is an ISO 9001:2008, CMMI Level 3 certified company.