Due to our continued success we are seeking to add a Sr. Security Engineer, fully acquainted with Firewalls and similarly associated Wide Area Networks security control devices. Experience should include Virtual Private Networks (VPN), proxy, Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HBSS) and/or Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems NBIDS. Candidate must also be experienced with security regulatory frameworks such as FISMA, NIST, OMB A-130, DITSCAP/DIACAP, Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance (IA) policies and regulations associated with DoD or Federal networks. The preferred candidate should be highly experienced with Network Management Integration and Systems Engineering at the DoD OSS layer.
Candidate must have strong routing and switching skills; as well as excellent “customer-oriented” client relationship management skills. This position coordinates with internal, as well as external customers and includes close work with multiple Tier III team managers. Externally, global theater Tier II counterparts and vendors are directly supported through Firewall functionality and capabilities so the candidate must be able to deploy security patches (Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) patches), system upgrades, and similar WAN Firewall sustainment tasks.
Candidate will prepare a wide array of documentation deliverables to the customer including test plans and reports, change management requests, user guides, installation guides, training guides, Information Assurance (IA) compliance documents, Firewall architecture documents, and other required documentation in support of the OSS networks of the DoD. The candidate will routinely interface with the OSS Process Management Team to coordinate all documentation deliveries to the customer and may routinely be tasked with providing support to clear Firewall and router IAVA/STIG/Vulnerabilities during periods of high security related vulnerability assessments and/or inspections.
Required Technical Skills:
- Understanding and working knowledge of Firewalls, Routers, and Switches
- Direct experience with OSS network management with direct, substantive knowledge and experience with the design, installation, maintenance of Firewalls
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with integrating new Firewall components into enterprise networks
- Advanced understanding and experience with routing/switching protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, GRE, VPN w/ MPLS exposure)
- Capability to architect engineered technical design solutions to dynamic, continuous operations
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose advanced network issues including configuration, routing issues and performance concerns
- Strong understanding of firewall rule sets and network traffic diagnostic/monitoring technologies
- Experience with DoD security compliance, i.e. STIG, IAVA, etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP, subnetting, network tools (e.g. Wireshark) and Routing/Switching protocols Required (OSPF/BGP/RIPv2)
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives
Required Certifications And Clearance:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + five (5) years experience of which at least eight (8) years must be specialized in Firewalls management.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Security certifications mandatory (CISSP/CISM preferred). DoDD 8570.1 certified Level II (Level III preferred)
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
Windward IT Solutions - 16 months ago