SocialChorus is seeking another great software engineer. We value great craft and design well applied. We do agile, test-driven, pair programming to assure we arrive at great solutions quickly. We're looking for a good cultural fit with someone who enjoys crafting code and collaborating with our current team.
Our stack consists of two user facing Rails applications with Backbone on the client. We also have a series of services written in both Node.js and pure Ruby. This means our days are a combination of green-field work and legacy code refactoring. A lot of our challenges are around managing the asynchronicity of service-oriented architecture and we are starting to have opinions about how to make that easier and the young gems to support those opinions: github.com/socialchorus/cumuli , github.com/socialchorus/superbolt . We're also starting to tackle our big data problem and our design is moving more and more toward the hexagonal side of Rails.
* This is a full-time, salaried position offering stock options, paid vacation, and benefits: medical, dental and 401k. You'll be working onsite at our office in San Francisco, CA. We actively promote diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you want tell us a corny joke, please include it in the blurb when you apply!
* We're big believers in upleveling our devs, so we send our engineers to courses and conferences (in the Bay Area and out), and we bring in industry gurus to help mentor the team. Last one in the door was Sandi Metz .
* We believe in dedication to your job but also in a sustainable work/life balance.
* We have all of the usual and fun startup perks (well-stocked fridge, ping pong table, etc.).
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* At least 1 professional project with Ruby. Not RoR per se, but Ruby. More of course is better!
* Great OO design skills, dynamic and independent of any application framework
* Experience refactoring old code into something able to change with new features
* Agile and/or startup experience with a willingness and interest in pairing and TDD
* Passion and drive
Bonus Points For:
* The more experience and enthusiasm for refactoring, the better!
* Front-end and back-end expertise/interest
- 2 years ago - save job