This position is about optimizing the app for change. Moving from a Megarails app to a service-oriented architecture. You'll help us tackle A-synchronicity issues, and help with refactoring and adding new features. We're currently refactoring and doing pure object-oriented coding, and getting away from the edges of Rails and doing a smaller, more modular architecture. We're not looking for banging together a quick prototype so much as someone who wants to do things the best way - we're a lot less interested in rock stars than steady climbers!
We pair 100% of time, so while you'll have to work regular business hours, you won't have to work outside of regular business hours. : )
This is a full-time, salaried position offering stock options, paid vacation, and benefits: medical, dental and 401k. You'll be working onsite at our office in San Francisco, CA. We actively promote diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you want tell us a corny joke, please include it in the blurb when you apply!
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* At least 1 professional project with Ruby. Not RoR per se, but Ruby. More of course is better!
* 3+ years of experience doing OO software engineering.
Bonus Points For:
* A history of refactoring or fixing legacy code.
* Being a Polyglot! - someone who likes to use the best tool or language for a job.
* Having stayed with a startup long enough to see refactoring take place.
* Did we mention refactoring? The more experience and enthusiasm for refactoring, the better!
StackOverflow Jobs - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard