The Senior Software Engineers are responsible for designing and delivering the high quality software that drives Auction.com's websites, management site, and mobile products. The right candidate is comfortable in a wide range of technologies, from scripting languages like PHP and Python, to server configuration and management, to architecting scalable infrastructures, as well as being comfortable working in an Agile, collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Implement product features and refine specifications.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts to design and define Auction.com's products.
- Work closely with QA and UE/UX.
- Build consensus on design and process decisions.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, and tool and technology adoption.
- Define office culture, process, and best practices from the ground up.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in working with PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5/6.
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture and relational database design.
- Familiarity with the frameworks like yii, Zend for PHP is a big plus.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM).
- Exposure to object-oriented languages such as Java and Microsoft .NET.
- Knowledge of best practices for cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility.
- Professional experience building enterprise database-driven web applications and websites.
- Educational background in Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred.
- 5+ years relevant work experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working with team in India.
- Unrestricted legal authorization to work directly for any company in the U.S.
This is a perm/direct-hire position. H1B candidates will be considered on a candidate to candidate basis.
Founded in 2007, Auction.com, LLC, is the nation’s leading online real estate marketplace, having sold over $30 billion in residential...