Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: ENG1529
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Android
Area of Interest: Engineering/ Technology
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
City: Vernon Hills
State / Province: Illinois
Country: United States Exempt
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
o Support developing SW features and requirements analysis for product-related SW subcomponents including system interfaces on the basis of customer / market requirements (functional range, costs etc.)
- Collaborate in deriving and implementing requirements for software (SW) elements, and in programming software under direction
- Supports deriving and implementing requirements for SW subcomponents
o Support the implementation of requirements into requirement specifications.
o Develop data and functional models for comprehensive problems in the context of predetermined concepts.
o Define determining factors and data structures.
o Integrate functions specific to the product with existing internal and external systems (e.g. in the control base of different manufacturers
o Support developing SW design, if necessary also taking inter-connected functions and existing dependencies to other subcomponents into account, or rather the integration into an overall system while keeping the operational development guidelines in mind.
- Support developing SW subcomponents
o Collaborate in preparing design and interface specification
o Test subcomponents within the overall software.
- Program software
- Support creating testing specifications
- Test software
o Commission and release subcomponents
o Serial and customer support of delivered products. Support issues and adjustments.
- Maintain and further develop SW subcomponents
o Optimize SW subcomponents. Take impact on functionality and efficiency of the overall system into account. Pursue technical development in the specialist areas and propose further developments.
o Prepare all relevant documents according to process requirements (e.g. review of development steps and description of issue and change status).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of low-level programming, experience to include boot loader, kernel, drivers and chipset.
- Experience working with Android framework
- Knows fundamental engineering concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to develop and integrate software, prepare and present in design/code reviews and follow established processes for infotainment products.
- Results oriented
- Customer service-focused
- Good change management skills
- Solid team player
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office near Vernon Hills, IL
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Harman International - 18 months ago