# of openings:
Symphony Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services to the automotive and mobile industry. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
The Google Android software developer is a developer with Android experience who is also a generalist with a strong background in “Platform Software”. They are open-minded and possess a drive to learn new things in a very short time – to get things done. They will work with a team of like-minded mobile handset engineers to build advanced middleware components of a next generation wireless handset. Example middleware components are Browser. Networking, Messaging, Multimedia, Virtualization (micro-kernel), File-systems, COM, UI Frameworks, Databases, etc.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Design, enhance and maintain current and next-generation Samsung Platform Middleware based on current and future Android components, in such a way as to be easy to maintain as Android develops, and easy to port to other mobile platforms
- Measure and characterize performance of one or more modules of the middleware, and suitably improve performance as needed
- Develop abstractions to hide platform specific capabilities
- Required to work onsite at our client offices in USA and with possible business trips Korea
- Bachelor ' s degree in Compute r Engineering o r Computer Science or equivalent.
- For Designer positions then the candidate should have around 3 years experience in mobile communications with a background in software development of application and/or framework development.
- For Senior Designer positions then the candidate should have around 5 years experience in mobile communications with a background in software development of application and/or framework development.
- For Specialist positions then the candidate should have around 7+ years experience and be able to demonstrate a high level of technical expertise. They will be expected to take on the most difficult and challenging issues and therefore need to demonstrate the highest level of competence and experience in the analysis, debugging and fixing of issues on similar mobile platforms, experience that can be translated across to Android.
- Prior work experience with Samsung mobile on Android software development is highly recommended by the customer.
- Knowledge (internals) of Google Android is essential
- Knowledge (internals) of Android API, Framework: Activities, Intents, UI, Services (e.g. Maps, GPS, Telephony, SMS, Content Providers, Cloud-to-Device Message/C2DM) are also highly desirable
- Knowledge (internals) of Eclipse IDE, memory management, file I/O, concurrency, multi-threading etc.
- Familiarity with Android SDK and Tools (Debugger, Device Manager).
- Knowledge (internals) of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and design principles
- Knowledge (internals) of the lifecycles and interaction between different Android activities, services and broadcast receiver
- Knowledge (internals) of other contemporary mobile platforms such as Symbian, Windows Mobile (CE), Linux-mobile, BREW, or equivalent are also highly desirable
- Very strong design and abstraction skills – as it relates to programming, development of re-usable components etc.
- Fluent in C/C++/Java programming.
- Solid applied knowledge of development and support of Android applications.
- Applied knowledge of Sqlite3
- Solid knowledge of adb, logs taking, application installing, device flashing, installing device drivers etc.
- Solid applied knowledge of logs analysis in cases of exceptions, crashes, resets, and ability to understand scenario and root cause for these exceptions
- Solid applied knowledge of XML, new UI creation, strings (region- and language oriented), values etc.
- Solid applied knowledge of work under version controls (Perforce, git)
- Solid applied knowledge of Android applications development.
- Main blocks: Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers.
- Lifecycle - Activity, Service, Process
- Android Manifest file, configuring
- Thread-safe methods of development
- Solid applied knowledge of work under Eclipse (either as a standalone application, or a part of the platform).
- Solid applied knowledge of Framework code debugging
- Solid applied knowledge of work with Hierarchy Viewer
- Knowledge of Content Providers
- Experience of work with huge code systems
- Experience of work with bug tracking system
Teleca AB - 10 months ago