# of openings:
Symphony Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services to the automotive and mobile industry. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
Symphony Teleca in North America has its main office in Farmington Hills. Focus areas include embedded software development for Vehicle Infotainment Systems (IVI) using, MS-Auto, QNX, eLinux and Opensource platforms (Android, MeeGo), and server side development using J2EE/.net. This comprehensive expertise, supported by a global delivery model enables Teleca to better serve its global customers.
Symphony Teleca is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in developing BlueTooth solutions for In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) head units. This position is located in our automotive team based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. This position requires that candidates demonstrate a proven track record of delivering automotive grade solutions for connectivity via BlueTooth that have been used in various in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems and related embedded solutions.
This position requires that the candidate shall;
Engage closely with customers,
Support technical bids and effort estimation,
Be expert in Bluetooth IVI software subsystem development and integration,
Prepare software development plans,
Understand the Symphony Teleca software development process and be able to map this to our customers internal processes,
Drive IVI Bluetooth subsystem knowledge build-up internally across the company,
Develop and deliver an internal training program focusing on IVI Bluetooth subsystem & development in the automotive sector
Will work with a global team to develop Telematics software components for multiple products while working with suppliers and customers.
The ideal candidate shall be comfortable performing these duties within the Symphony Teleca organization, or in a consultant role on site at an OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
Specific Job Skills:
- 5+ years experience in a software development role specializing in Bluetooth profiles commonly used for IVI systems,
- Knowledge of developing embedded and/or IVI application software,
- Bluetooth software experience with Link Level, Stack Middle Layer, application and profiles,
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Stacks; iAnywhere, BlueZ, Lightweight BT Stack),
- Knowledge of Bluetooth 2.0, 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0 versions,
- Familiarity with automotive head units and infotainment systems,
- Knowledge of software project planning and testing,
- Experience with embedded C software.
- Excellent communication, organization, and project management skills,
- Strong leadership skills with ability to mentor and motivate team members.
Teleca AB - 11 months ago