# of openings:
Symphony Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services to the automotive and mobile industry. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
Symphony Teleca’s automotive business unit has its North America office in Farmington Hills, MI. Areas of expertise include embedded software development for Vehicle Infotainment Systems (IVI) using MS-Auto, QNX, eLinux and Opensource platforms (Android, MeeGo), cloud-based solutions such as Vehicle Relationship Management, firmware and software update over-the-air, HTML5 development, connected vehicle solutions such as in-car communication, Smartphone connected solutions and Ethernet AVB, as well as a complete suite of Adobe services and solutions, including Air and Flash Lite licensing. These comprehensive offerings, supported by a global delivery organization enables STC, to excel in the service of its global customers.
Sr. Software Engineer – HTML5
As a growing player in the automotive industry, Symphony Teleca is aggressively building its business in automotive IVI platform development and integration. We are looking for talented professionals with expertise in this space who can strengthen our teams and are eager to bring their deep experience and fresh ideas into our automotive business.
We are searching for an automotive expert with strong background in HTML5. As an ideal candidate, you have several years of experience in automotive software architecture with in-depth knowledge of automotive software, relevant application frameworks, as well as 3 rd party components.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with SymphonyTeleca’s Professional Solutions and Delivery organization to provide Software Automotive applications within the IVI domain.
- Work directly with our customers to formulate solutions with regard to Leading Edge Mobile HTML5 applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 7+ years of software development experience,
- 5+ years of development experience with HTML,
- 3+ years of Automotive/Infotainment/ IVI experience,
- 1 year Mobile development using Android, iOS, RIM, Blackberry, Symbian or similar,
- Commercial experience using JQuery, AJAX, CSS, XML,
- Excellent professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in Automotive, Multimedia, and Media Handling.
- Automotive Quality Standards (e.g. SPICE, CMMI, MISRA)
- Experience in Human Machine Interface / HMI (e.g. Qt/QML, Rhapsody, HTML5)
- Browser development and enhancement.
As a member of the Symphony Teleca team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our international customers and must be comfortable visiting and helping our client’s onsite as necessary. If you are excited about the latest trends in In-Vehicle Infotainment systems, if you like working in international and multi-site teams on cutting-edge technologies and if you are ready to learn new things every day, you will enjoy working with us at Symphony Teleca.
- 1 year of HTML5 software, preferably with automotive infotainment applications, OEM’s, or Tier 1 suppliers.