The Information Technology Department is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our Enterprise Services Cloud team that is devoted to providing comprehensive service to all ICW Group members. We are devoted to implementing state of the art technology in order to provide comprehensive service to all ICW Group members in a timely and cost effective manner.
“Claim” your role.
Our Sr. Software Engineer is a person who will collaborate with our lines of business to successfully implement SAP. You will develop and expand various functional modules and complex workflow-driven transactions and run fault-tolerant compute-intensive mathematics applications. You have sophisticated JAVA experience, you have the ability to excel in a team environment and you have excellent communication skills. You are detail-oriented, outgoing, demonstrate leadership skills and excel in a team environment. You will primarily work within a small team dedicated to creating an enterprise-wise SOA that will support the company’s lines of business.
- Design, implement, architect, and unit test ICW software using a variety of technologies including Java, web services, SQL Server and XML
- Manage and implement day-to-day technical operations as a member of a team of developers and architects.
- Tackle a wide variety of engineering problems as needed
- Brainstorm with the team and prototype new concepts and ideas rapidly.
- Provide technical direction to junior team members.
- Review and contribute to the development of requirements, technical specifications and design documentation.
Apply to us directly: email@example.com
- An ambitious, driven, and talented individual who wants to work on challenging problems.
- Team player who feels at home in an open and flat-structured environment, and takes pride in a job well done.
- Strong all-round engineer who writes well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code.
- 7+ years experience working within a software engineering environment.
- 3+ years experience with Java, web services and XML technologies.
- An in-depth understanding of the principles of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience working within an agile environment, preferably Scrum.
- Familiarity with accessing and developing web services.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL.
- Experience developing unit tests as an integral part of the software development process.
- Experience designing and developing large scale, fault-tolerant and high performance distributed applications.
- Experience with Tomcat and the Axis2 framework a plus.
- Experience with JMeter and SoapUI a plus.
- Experience with Enterprise Architect a plus.
- Experience with .NET and C# a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of software engineering development in Java/C++ · Familiarity with web services platforms: WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Weblogic / Aqualogic
- Have worked in an agile environment
- Exposure to web services/service only architecture
ICW Group - 2 years ago