Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: ENG1320
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Tuner
Area of Interest: Engineering/ Technology
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
City: Farmington Hills
State / Province: Michigan
Country: United States Exempt
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
- Responsible for embedded software development: including requirements analysis, design, implementation and validation.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, and/or port to different platforms.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
- Able to comprehend detailed specifications and develop software in conjunction with them.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education: BSEE/ BSCE / BSCS / (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of embedded software development or testing.
- 5+ years of C/C++ in a structured development environment.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multi-processor, multi-interface environment desired.
- RTOS driver experience. (QNX/Embedded Linux is a plus)
- Understanding of C++ is required.
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for trouble shooting.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems is essential.
- Working knowledge of MOST is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SDARS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of DAB is a plus.
- Willingness to travel less than 20% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Harman International - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE:HAR) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and...