We are looking for a driven test engineer to lead our applications quality team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding individual contributor who will lead by example the team of three quality engineers. Candidate will be responsible for manual feature testing and automated regression of web-based and mobile applications on Android and iOS platforms. We are looking for someone who is able to interact with the team, determine priorities, evaluate execution, improve techniques, mentor, and grow the team skill-set.
You will be an integral part of a scrum team comprised of developers and quality engineers. You will drive automation team to be in-step with development and provide automation coverage for all developed functionality. You will also challenge the team to improve the product quality and prevent bugs in production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to lead a team of quality engineers that are responsible for all aspects of product quality of Java, Python, and HTML 5 applications.
- Implement and lead the team in maintaining standards for all quality products: test plans, test cases, execution matrixes, etc.
- Review team’s test cases, challenge and mentor on coverage, corner cases and negative scenarios.
- Aggressively test and document results
- Follow-up on found bugs from opening to closing
- Continuously improve quality processes and standards
- Provide feedback on how to improve functionality and usability of the product
- SQL - Strong knowledge of SQL commands
- Unix - Strong knowledge of Unix commands
- Jenkins/Hudson used for builds and test automation
- Basic programming techniques: object-oriented, data structures. Emphasis on practical skills for writing simple and maintainable code quickly.
- Selenium - beyond record/playback
- Java Programming- Practical Skills. Able to read Java code, write basic code, debug (use eclipse debugger, breakpoints, watches, etc.)
oPython, REST APIs, Kafka, Redis
oMobile device testing and mobile test automation
- BS in Software Engineering or CS
- 7+ Years - As QA, QE, or Software Engineer in Test.
- Broad and extensive experience in test procedures and manual and automated technologies.
- Hands-on Leader - able to take responsibility for the team of test engineers, evaluate priorities, and lead by example.
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal and written
- Quick learner - able to learn new technologies quickly
EcoFactor - 30+ days ago