Posting Title Sr. Software Engineer- Distributed Systems About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Job Description Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer- Distributed Systems
VMware is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join VMware's NSX distributed systems controller virtual networking software team.
This software engineer will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment.
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
- Design and develop software in C++ and Python for distributed software Virtualization environment.
- Actively involved in our large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
- Ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to.
- Communicate with all stakeholders and team members and provide updates.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Education: A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master’s degree is required. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 42481BR EEO Statement VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
- At least 3 plus years of experience designing and developing distributed software.
- Extensive experience writing C++ code.
- Experience with development in a large-scale distributed systems environment such as large scale web infrastructure, distributed systems, database replication, high availability, etc.
- Experience with high-level server application design.
- Linux development.
- Strong experience with Python programming.
- Excellent analytical skill and critical thinking.
VMware - 13 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...