ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Software Engineer Seniors provide technical support in areas of proficiency; provide leadership to Software Engineers I and II and other Software Engineers Senior; plan, direct, and coordinate activities for one or more small or midsize projects.
Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Reviews release notes for basic understanding of each new release's features and fixes.
• Attends project design and code review sessions to provide expertise in current areas of proficiency and to gain knowledge in target area(s) of proficiency.
• Controls scope of individual functions or tasks by ensuring each adheres to the design and requirements. Ensures projects or tasks assigned are completed and delivery ready based upon published delivery timeframes.
• Responsible for project management, including resource management, time estimates, return-on-investment analysis, and project post-mortem. Monitors project completion to ensure timeframes are met or modified accordingly.
• Coordinates projects with other Project Leads, System Architects, QA, Documentation, Education, and managers and project leads of other ARGO departments. Interacts with customers for custom projects.
• Responsible for all levels of project documentation, including test plans for both unit and system testing; reviews project documentation for content, clarity, and accuracy.
• Manages small or mid-size projects. Includes ability to design, implement, document, and complete all phases of a project; ability to communicate analysis, design, and implementation results in code reviews; ability to communicate requirements, functionality, benefits, and migration issues clearly in documentation. Delegates project activities based on timeframes and resources available.
• Conducts code reviews for projects and for defects in order to ensure system changes adhere to coding and performance standards.
• Assigns defects in existing ADS functionality to entry-level and senior programmers; Resolves complex defects in existing ADS functionality; Tests system code modified for defect resolution to ensure functional integrity.
• Prepares defect or project documentation for use in release notes and system documentation in order to convey changes and explain enhancements to customers.
• Demonstrates proficiency in 75% of the Systems Development skill set, including problem solving skills, industry knowledge, product knowledge, and technical and development expertise.
• Uses skill set outside of Systems Development to provide customer support, to provide information and support to marketing and sales, and to participate in customer conference calls.
• Mentors other Senior Software Engineers and Software Engineers I and II in systems processes, development tools, and the Systems Development skill set.
• Prepares responses to prospect/customer RFIs and RFPs in order to communicate ARGO services and expertise.
• Enforces ARGO policies, verifies timesheets, reports absences for individuals under direct supervision.
• Identifies staff requirements. Plans and monitors career development for individuals under direct supervision. Acts as a mentor to prospective Project Leads.
• Coordinates and manages entry-level and senior programmers to achieve project goals.
• Coordinates with other departments during various stages of project management. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Position may require travel for onsite customer development projects.
• Demonstrate understanding of ARGO’s value chain CRP3 (Customer, Revenue, People, Process, Product) through actions and accomplishments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and write technical documentation and design specifications.
• Ability to effectively communicate with ARGO team members, including customer support, developers (systems and application), managers, users, testers, documentation groups, sales, and marketing on an as needed basis to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to effectively communicate assignments and expectations to individuals and customers. Ability to escalate issues to appropriate levels of management.
Training or Equivalency
• ARGO training includes Training I, Training II, Server, Product Training, Relational Database, Object, Debugging, Unit Testing, Specialty Courses.
• External training includes Development Tool such as Visual Basic, C/C++, GUI, SQL, Windows.
Job Rotations or Equivalency
• Software Engineer II or equivalent professional experience.
• Minimum 3-5 year experience in the full life-cycle development of enterprise solutions including design, construction, testing, implementation and debugging
A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering (SE) or related technical field is required for the position.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 19 months ago