Sr. Structural/Civil Engineer |
New York, NY
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a national company with major offices in the Washington DC area, Atlanta, San Antonio and Honolulu. Client focus ranges from Federal, State, and local Government entities to private sector clients nationally and internationally. J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services.
· Civil/structural engineer supporting our client project consisting of a renovation and new healthcare facility work
· Conduct and carryout portions of daily inspections of site work, building construction work; documents discrepancies, code violations, improper materials or techniques in the application of materials, substandard or poor quality workmanship; monitor schedules on various aspects of ongoing daily activities to identify and mitigate project slippage and coordinate phasing portions of the project.
· Review contractor's cost breakdown and submittals on proposed equipment and materials; maintain accurate and complete job files including as-built drawings and specifications; identify progress delays and recommend appropriate corrective measures toward mitigating delays and maintainingthe progress schedule.
· Plans and coordinates disruptions to utility services to keep construction progress on schedule timeline and to minimize disruption to ongoing operations.
· Maintain an inventory of materials, supplies and equipment and monitor the quantity of materials used.
· Responsible for: Structural concrete placements and reinforcing steel for slabs, columns and beams, steel framing for building construction work; documents discrepancies, code violations, improper materials or techniques in the application of materials; identifies sub-standard or poor quality workmanship
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
· Current Professional Civil or Structural Engineering license registration required.
· Knowledge of all aspects of commercial hospital construction including underground utilities â€“ water, sanitary and storm sewer system; parking lot and roadway construction.
· Knowledge of foundations, building frames, roof frames, bridges, tunnels, piers, bulkhead and culverts as a leader of the inspection team including planning and conducting inspections and inventories to identify and note deficiencies, problems, or the general physical structural condition.
· Knowledge of surveying, site earthwork, concrete deck, precast concrete, steel deck, roofing system and roadwork.
· Ability to review design and construction plans against existing site conditions, assess the need to make changes because of unforeseen design problems, and propose cost effective solutions.
· Ability to provide quantity take-offs for the civil/structural systems for preparation of the contract change cost estimate.
· Ability to determine compliance of workmanship, materials, equipment and installed work with contract requirements.
· Ability to utilize a variety of software programs to monitor, update, and produce work products by applying knowledge of computer literacy.
· Ability to utilize a project management database program for administration of contract documents.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to negotiate effectively.
· OSHA Safety Training Preferred
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)