The Senior Supervisor position is responsible for directing the daily work of personnel on his/her shift. Key responsibilities include training employees on specific jobs, conduct inspections, maintaining shift reports and ensuring compliance of rules and regulations. The Senior Supervisor assists the onsite manager in labor scheduling, warehouse operation, pallet management, and policy/procedure administration. The Senior Supervisor serves as an interface between operations, customer, employees, and logistics.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Conducts daily audits to ensure quality pallets.
- Works with supervisors to ensure smooth transition of shifts.
- Completes required documentation and ensures accuracy in data.
- Ensures all Safety and HR policies and procedures are followed.
- Communication and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Works closely with on site manager to ensure relationships with customer internal and external are maintained at the highest level.
- Advices on site manager of any labor, safety, security, customer, or employee relations concerns.
- Assists on site management with administering operation standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete on time delivery.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Experience: One to two years related experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products - including Word - Excel - Outlook
Certificates & Licenses
Forklift Driver Certification Valid Driver's License
Propak Corporation - 12 months ago