In this role you will be responsible for successful completion of Supplier New Part Approval (SNAP) and First Article Inspection (FAI) data and creating Quality Plans supporting new product launch activities. The ability to effectively collaborate, influence, and coordinate amongst the Hill-Rom Research & Development, Global Sourcing, and Quality/Regulatory departments to assure quality requirements are successfully met and adherence to project schedule is achieved is critical to this role.
- Work directly with suppliers to dramatically improve overall part quality and drive improvements to their quality systems.
- Interface with supplier’s Engineering and Quality organizations to efficiently address reported problems impacting functionality, quality, and regulatory requirements of the project. Drive corrective & preventive actions to preclude recurrence of identified issues.
- Develop control plans that define the supplier’s processes, identify areas of risk, and institute quality tools and programs that focus on identification and prevention of quality defects.
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance through utilization tools such as DOE, Six Sigma, DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 5-Why and 8D Root Cause Analysis, and Lean.
- Participate and assist in supplier failure analysis activities, drive opportunities for improvement, motivate supplier’s management to achieve agreed quality metrics.
- Develop and drive department projects such as reducing the need for incoming inspections, vendor to stock improvement, electronic certificates of compliance and parallel audit expansion.
- Ensure supplier report card process is in place and routine Supplier Business Reviews are scheduled and conducted.
- Provide quality training to functional owners and process owners as business needs dictate.
- Generate appropriate performance metrics and prioritize and drive resolution of issues.
- Assess and develops Hill-Rom’s current and future supply base Develops and communicates HR expectations for quality performance, continuous improvement, quality systems, process controls infrastructure for high leverage/critical sustaining parts and new products sourced to contract manufacturers.
- Measures and communicates supplier performance on key metrics and the corresponding continuous improvement plans.
- Participates as an active member in the New Product development process supplier evaluation team and the sourcing core extended team.
- Willingness and flexibility for business travel both domestically and abroad, when required. Travel required may be upwards of 30%.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Get it Right the First Time
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field (Preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and/or Engineering experience, with a preference for at least 3 years of experience in Supplier Quality.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, teaming and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Computer competency in Word, Excel, Power point and statistical databases.
- Practical experience in metrology, test, inspection and analysis techniques
- Experience in the medical device industry or automotive industry in development, as well as deployment of Quality System (FDA 21 CFR Part 820, ISO13485, ISO9001), and process controls and continuous improvement methods.
- Can operate independently to drive projects to completion and have a “
” approach to quality of work output and quality documentation.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage conflicting priorities and projects.
May be responsible for directing the work efforts of QA/RA Technicians or Specialists.
Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and rents hospital...