ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the day-to-day operations of the ECOtality data center by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
2. Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
3. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff and/or contract staff.
4. Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
5. Establishes, maintains and manages user accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
6. Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, backup libraries and other components.
7. Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
8. Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
9. Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
10. Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
11. Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for ECOtality to take advantage of new technology.
POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION MAY PERFORM ALL OR SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES ABOVE AND ALL POSITIONS PERFORM OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Five years’ work experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.
Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Windows/Linux system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- 7 plus years experience with Linux/Unix environment
- 4 plus years experience with RedHat/CentOs administration
- 5 plus years experience with Bash/Shell
- 3 plus years with Perl/Python or equivalent
- 5 plus years with rpm/yum package management
- 5 plus years with TCP/IP and Linux including network bonding and redundancy configuration and setup including IPtables and security configurations.
- 4 plus years with x86 hardware platforms
- 2 plus years experience with securing and hardening Linux
- 3 plus years with distributed syslog administration configuration
- 3 plus years with Windows Administration including active direction, installations and hardware setup and configuration
- Proficient with Linux kernel compilation, configuration.
- Proficient integrating Linux/Unix environments with Active Directory/OpenLDAP.
- Proficient in physical, virtual, cloud and hybrid environments
- Proficient with accounts, groups, and file system permissions and configuration
ADDITIONAL NOTES [TYPE ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES IF NEEDED.]
ECOtality, Inc. (OTC BB: ETLY), headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., is a renewable energy company that acquires and commercially advances...