As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Customer Specific Requirements:
Key Technical Skills: CMA
- Primary Customer point of contact for all related technical issues
- Responsible for supporting operating systems, Standalone workstations and customer supported corporate applications.
- Provide customer support service requiring broad technical troubleshooting skills.
- General duties include; collecting, logging and implementing customer requirements/work orders, installation of desktop (and some server) hardware and peripherals, problem troubleshooting and customer support service support on all issues and problems related to the network and related elements (i.e., Microsoft XP, Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Lotus Notes, etc.)Provides a total customer support service as a single point of contact for all issues relating to IT and IS services for a particular customer.
- Train users and answer questions.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems, including requirements originating from a field location.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Update and communicate with users about problem progress.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Monitor events and perform corrective actions according to documentation.
- Escalate incident reports to required groups and monitor as defined in SLA.
? Microsoft Certifications in application support a plus.
- Experience with Lotus Notes System Administration
- Lotus Notes Access Administration
- Windows System Access /LAN Administration
- Windows Application administration and support
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Computer installation and computer peripheral troubleshooting capability
- Efficient use of SRS for trouble ticket support
- SharePoint Administration.
- 2 or more years working on "dynamic" customer support teams. More will be requred of the CST personnel on the team of the future than what maybe required today.
- Experience with troubleshooting web based applications.
- Experience working with the other Customer Primary Service Providers to resolve more complicated technical issues
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
General Dynamics - IT - 13 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons s...