This position will assist with calculating, recording and reporting state and local taxes in the quarterly and annual financial statements. In addition, the Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and review of state and local income and non-income tax returns. This position also ensures that tax positions are properly reflected in all state tax filings. This position will assist with conducting tax research, performing data analysis, preparing state incentive compliance reports, and responding to notices from state tax authorities. Support improvements in all tax information gathering and reporting processes.
- 2-5 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other related financial discipline or 8-11 years without
- 0-2 years of experience with a Master's degree
- Advanced degree (MST, JD, MBA, CMA) is a plus.
- 2-5 years or more of professional tax experience in state income tax in either public accounting and/or industry.
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification is a plus.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. In particular, proficient with Excel 2007, including functions related to Pivot Tables, VLookup, and HLookup a plus.
- Tax research skills a plus, including experience using BNA and RIA
- Knowledge of OneSource Income Tax and OneSource TaxStream a plus
- Good working knowledge of all major areas of state tax law
- Proficient technical and analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, and strong business and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.