Sr. Technical Advisor - Operations Management Systems
As a Sr. Technical Advisor in Operations Management Systems (OMS) working for the Technology Business Unit, you will be responsible for working on study and project teams as a senior team member or technical lead. You will lead or assist with definition of strategies, roadmaps, plans, business processes and functional requirements for integrated Operations Management Systems (OMS). You will work closely with customers to understand their business, gather business requirements, develop business processes and define functional specifications. You will assist in project plan development and scheduling, as well as project cost estimation.
Definition: Operations Management Systems (OMS)
– Systems required to operate process plant operations, typically residing between Business Systems (SAP) and Control Systems. Examples include LIMS, Tank Farm Management, Process Performance Indicators, Asset Reliability, EHS Compliance systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer related field required
- Minimum of 10+ years current experience as a Consultant, Architect or Business Analyst or an equivalent role, with an average of 20 years experience, within Operations Management Systems.
- Must have working knowledge of two or more of the following Operations Management Systems (OMS) functional areas; Production Operations, Maintenance & Reliability, Quality Operations, Inventory Operations/Tank Farms, Transportation, Warehouses, Planning and Scheduling, EH&S, Integration & Visualization
- Strong understanding of technical and business aspects of two or more of the following industries: continuous, semi-continuous and batch processing of refining, petrochemical and chemical processes, producing liquid and solid products required
- Seeking an individual who has been in a Lead or Primary Roles in Operations Management Systems projects and studies needed
- Knowledge of project methodologies, project work processes, coordination requirements, and estimating needs for OMS projects required
- Experience in developing systems strategies, designs and solutions for organizations required
- Experience working with business stakeholders and subject matter experts needed
- Good understanding of software products and solutions in the OMS area required
- High level working knowledge of the functionality of various software products as follows required; Data historians: IP21, OSI PI, PhD, Maintenance & Reliability Applications: Meridium, IVARA, CMMS, RBI, API, Laboratory Systems: LIMS Labware, Sample Manager, Inventory Applications: Tank Farm Storage & Movement, Warehouse Inventory Systems, Planning and Scheduling Applications: PIMS, Petro, RPMS, Orion, SIMTO; Picasso
- Working knowledge of enterprise systems, such as SAP, and integration between enterprise systems and OMS needed
- Working knowledge of control systems and integration between control systems and OMS needed
- Strong documentation skills required
- Experience in writing functional specifications and bid packages or proposals for Integrated Operations Management systems needed
- Should have demonstrable experience capturing requirements in structured requirements formats
Engineering/Technical - Process
KBR, Inc. (KBR) is an engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, petrochemicals, government services, industrial...