KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Effort Management
- Sr. Technical Professional - Electrical is to be experienced and proficient in low and medium voltage power distribution design for the material handling and process facilities commonly encountered in the industry. This also includes power substation design, power-line design and ablity to produce designs for power, ground and lighting systems. Have a good understanding of power distribution and motor control practices and a general knowledge of industrial equipment to effectively develop sound designs. Have a basic knowledge of industrial instrumentation and control systems including process variable transmitters and programmable logic controllers.
- The engineering duties also include reviewing vendor equipment drawings, tabulating data, preparing specifications and preparing written reports on engineering related projects. Able to create new solutions or improve existing design solutions, procedures or practices based on accumulated experience and knowledge.
- Be able to accept the role of department lead on projects as assigned. Possesses the knowledge, skills and experience needed to complete assigned projects independently, efficiently, and safely while maintaining the project budgets and schedules.
- Expert working knowledge of the applicable electrical codes including NEC, MSHA or other jurisdictional code as required.
- Proficient in checking the electrical designs produced in the electrical department.
- Direct the designers in developing the technical drawings based on the engineered design.
- Confer with Senior Engineers and other personnel to implement design procedures, resolve engineering issues and requirements of design applications.
- Field oversight of installation to ensure designs installed according to specifications. Investigate Electrical failures and field difficulties to make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of design, fabrication, and construction of plant designs.
- Solicit new business and provide technical customer support.
- Must be able to provide decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative; guidance and support to department personnel with their daily assignments, coordinate design, and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve methodology and training offerings.
- Responsible for technical content of front-end engineering deliverables within area of expertise.
- Mentors less experienced technical staff, provides feedback on design issues and needs.
- Reinforces team approach.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Promotes KBR through industry conferences and involvement in local professional organizations.
- Consistently publishes in technical / trade journals, writes white papers on chosen technical expertise, or speaks at industry events.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Champions change and the implementation of new ideas.
- Adheres to standard policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Maintains lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that KBR consistently delivers superior technical solutions to clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Senior level – Sr. Electrical Engineer with 10 plus yrs of experience is expected to perform and direct the performance of highly technical engineering tasks in the office and the field. Sr. Electrical Engineer is preferred be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE). Individuals assigned at this level are expected to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Able to develop and train others in the development of Electrical analysis models in EDSA (Paladin) or other software package to produce Short Circuit Fault Studies, Load Flow Studies and Protective Device Coordination Studies.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Engineering/Technical - Electrical
USA-UT-Salt Lake City
KBR - 12 months ago
KBR, Inc. (KBR) is an engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, petrochemicals, government services, industrial...