DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.
Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM’s 22,000 employees deliver annual net sales of about € 9 billion. The company is listed on NYSE Euronext.
- Defines product position and marketing strategies that generate sales of innovative and technically complicated products.
- Creates product value for existing products by developing new markets and differentiating DNP products from competitive commodity products.
- Participates in the development and execution of the NBD customer action plans. Supports Marketing Plan of Action by working directly with assigned salesperson(s) to develop a plan for targeted influencers and work to provide professional support to targeted and key accounts. Implements and completes targeted plans. Responsible for joint communication between sales and technical services for assessment progress.
- Assists with attaining new business by overcoming customer blockages and initiating the prospect to order process through technical persuasion and sales support.
- Executes a role as the Company's technical ambassador through technical presentations at industry meetings & academic symposia, technical publications, issue-pertinent fact sheets, participating in industry-specific committees and organizations and developing ANH sales training opportunities and tools for value-added marketing and sales campaigns. Provides an on-going program of training sales force within specified territory on 1) how to utilize technical literature, 2) new programs and practices relating to DSM products, 3) the correct positioning of DSM products in the market and new Health and Nutrition challenges of the target industry.
- Supports existing DNP business in a technical role by providing solution-oriented investigations into customers' issues. Provide technical support for assigned sales products including securing orders for products, investigating customer requirements for product applications, investigating and resolving problems, and providing technical interface between customer and company.
- Develops and contacts with established and potential customers, maintain files, records and other literature on new products.
- Capture the customers' business vision in order to keep ANH in the forefront on value-linked product innovations and NBD/ANH focused on fulfilling its strategic mission goals by relaying information through appropriate channels.
- Ph.D. in Animal Nutrition required.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a technical/scientific role, preferably in an animal production environment.
- Must be able to translate scientific knowledge to commercial applications.
- Sales or marketing experience a plus.
- Organizational, management, team-building skills crucial to being successful in role.
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers
The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current remuneration. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM - 2 years ago
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...