The technician will be responsible for supporting a group of scientists in non-tobacco materials and packaging support and qualification. With moderate guidance, the technician must be capable of working within the existing systems to procure analytical data, interpret the data and submit reports. The technician will also collaborate with department head and group scientists on their initiatives. The individual must be able to perform in a highly diverse, multi-functional environment and communicate effectively to deliver against goals. He/she should be innovative and have an innate curiosity around understanding non-tobacco materials and packaging, and their role in products, and making new recommendations based on observations.
The technician should possess moderate to strong technical skills, good project management skills, and communicate effectively with various levels within the organization. The individual must manage multiple activities and possess good time management skills in order to support a variety of initiatives and deadlines. He/she must collaborate with project leaders on their initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Submitting analytical samples for project leaders, procure and document data, conduct preliminary review of data and communicate results.
• Conduct informal sensory panels, tabulate and communicate results.
• Provide ongoing laboratory and production support for prototype development.
• Lead basic, independent projects, upon learning the business.
• BA or BS in technical degree – chemistry, paper science / engineering, material science, packaging science / engineering / design, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn new computer software systems
• Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
• Experience in material sciences and/or packaging a plus
• Experience in using CAD, preferably Artios CAD or Solidworks, a plus
Competitive annual salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training opportunities
RJ Reynolds - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...